Thursday, April 16, 2020

Keeping busy during shelter-in-place

Cynthia reading from a picture book, Dancing Hands by Margarita Engle, displayed open to a two-page colorful spread

American Libraries Magazine is inviting library workers to “Show us how you’re working” during shelter-in-place in response to COVID-19.

Today I shared with American Libraries that, while we shelter in place, I’ve been recording read-aloud videos that I share with staff and families. (The image shown is a screen capture from one of my read-aloud videos).

I’ve also made videos about available library resources (e.g. digital resources from Sonoma County Library through the “Student OneCard” program).

Videos that are publicly accessible can be viewed via my channel on YouTube.

Finally, I’ve helped to compile lists of resources that support distance learning. I’m generally making myself available to help my colleagues as-needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.