Tuesday, November 30, 2021

What I’m reading : Foundations of Library and Information Science

Foundations of Library and Information Science, by Richard E. and Rachel G. Rubin, is a book that I will reach for again and again as I advance in my studies, and in my professional development, for Library and Information Science. I am reading the fifth edition of this book (published in 2020), and am finding it timely and relevant. The book includes discussion of the COVID-19 pandemic and how the shutdown of physical libraries affected delivery of services. The subject of library outreach during COVID was “still being written” at the time of publication, and this book does an excellent job encapsulating a situation that continues to evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.