Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Love of libraries, a value that I hope to pass on

In our class discussion of “culture,” we were asked this week, what aspects of our culture do we want to keep alive by passing on to the next generation? My answer is that, through my work in a school library, I hope to instill a love of reading in the young people I serve. I hope to create library “repeat customers,” and encourage students’ lifelong learning through support and use of libraries. This directly hearkens back to the benefits I’ve gained from libraries, and what I consider the “advantage” of being raised by a person who considered it important that I be given access to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.