Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sonoma County Library ‘Educator Card’

Promotional graphic for Sonoma County Library 'Educator Card.' Blue rendition of a schoolhouse, with large green book next to and slightly overlapping it. The book's front cover displays the logo for Sonoma County Library

As Sonoma County Library’s committed partner in library service across the lifetime, one of the resources I’m excited about is my “Educator Card.” This week, I stopped by to renew my card for 2018-2019; I also attended a Back-to-School event at the downtown library.

The “Educator Card” is a special library account available to Sonoma County educators. It allows them to check out up to 50 items at a time, and keep them for up to six weeks.

To qualify, educators need to show one of the following at any branch of the library:

  • School ID badge
  • Copy of a contract or letter confirming employment
  • Paystub * Printout of online pay information
  • Proof of home-school status

Speaking from experience, you don’t have to be a classroom teacher to benefit from an “Educator Card.” I use my card to check out books related to library services to young people. Through reading them, I hope to be even better on-the-job at Santa Rosa Charter School for the Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.