Saturday, July 28, 2018

Successful end to SRCS ‘summer-school’

The second of two sessions of high-school credit recovery, offered through Santa Rosa City Schools, has successfully come to an end.

It’s a real win-win, and I feel good about my second year of involvement. Thanks to “summer school,” students earn needed credits to meet high-school graduation requirements. They also have access to courses that can help them get into universities or earn skills for possible employment.

This year, I really made use of my experience as an Instructional Materials Technician. Several educators were teaching online English courses that came with various readings. Only some of these course readings were embedded in the online platform. For some texts, students still needed access to physical books.

That’s where I came in; I checked title availability and delivered books that were checked out through the school library. This week, I checked-off the books that I got back and returned to the school library.

I felt like I made valuable connections and had a positive impact. I plan to work for SRCS “summer school,” every year that they’ll have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.