Monday, March 24, 2014

‘Sshing Kitty’ shirt belongs in library

Cynthia Parkhill makes shushing gesture, while wearing a shirt with appliqued "sshing Kitty" design. The deep-red newsboy style hat I am wearing was chosen to accent the kitty applique's hair ribbon
My “Sshing Kitty” shirt will be just the thing in Bellview Elementary School library when we return from spring break.

A shirt originally highlighting a 2012 concert series was saved from obsolescence with the addition of a new garment body from a length of knitted fabric.

The kitty design was repurposed from additional garments. My templates came from two different illustrations that I found through an Internet search.

I used my sewing machine to first attach the layered applique, then chain-stitched the outline by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.