Tuesday, January 27, 2015
‘Nick and Tesla’s Robot Army Rampage’
In Robot Army Rampage (Quirk Books, 2014), the twins investigate local burglaries while continuing to delve into circumstances behind their parents’ abrupt disappearance.
Who is behind the local break-ins? Is the twins’ uncle’s attraction to a fellow scientist destined for a broken heart? And if the twins’ parents study soybeans for the government, how could their first date have involved writing a prize-winning paper in the field of laser science?
Series authors “Science Bob” Pflugfelder and Steve Hockensmith have crafted an exciting tale, laced with humor and interspersed with instructions for building robots out of household objects.
Robot Army Rampage is middle volume in a series that began with High-Voltage Danger Lab, and continues with Secret Agent Gadget Battle. This reader looks forward to what is sure to be a thrilling conclusion to the adventure.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal