Outstanding Ready to Read Grant Project Award from the Oregon State Library (OSL).
Katie Anderson, youth services consultant with the OSL, will present the award at 9:30 a.m. April 23 during the Jackson County Board of Commissioners Meeting. The meeting will be held in the Jackson County Courthouse Auditorium, 10 S. Oakdale St. in Medford.
JCLS was also designated a Best Practice Library for implementing three “best practices” in library services identified by the OSL as having the greatest impact on children’s reading proficiency. Specifically, these are services to children outside the library (outreach), summer reading programs, and early literacy training for parents and childcare providers.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal