Monday, March 24, 2014
‘Sshing Kitty’ shirt belongs in library
A shirt originally highlighting a 2012 concert series was saved from obsolescence with the addition of a new garment body from a length of knitted fabric.
The kitty design was repurposed from additional garments. My templates came from two different illustrations that I found through an Internet search.
I used my sewing machine to first attach the layered applique, then chain-stitched the outline by hand.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal