Saturday, January 15, 2022

UCM, LIS 5100 : Introductions


The purpose of this video is to introduce myself to classmates in LIS 5100, Foundations of Librarianship, University of Central Missouri. I am pursuing a Master of Science degree in Library and Information Science.

My prior schooling toward Librarianship was an Associate’s degree in Library and Information Technology through Cuesta College, part of the California Community College system.

I’ve also pursued training outside of academia, from a variety of sources, including the American Library Association and Library Juice Academy.

I have a Bachelor’s degree in English from Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park, California. I worked for a semester doing book repair at the SSU library, but budget cuts eliminated my position.

I got my start in libraries as a volunteer Shelver at my public library.

I currently work at Santa Rosa Charter School for the Arts in Santa Rosa, California, where I divide my time between three part-time assignments. I’m a Library Technician, an Instructional Materials Technician, and a Recess Supervisor.

COVID-19 had a big impact, as I’m sure it did for so many others. When our schools shut down in March 2020, I channeled a lot of energy into making informational videos, as well as producing read-alouds to support my school community. When our schools reopened, I continued producing read-aloud and informational videos.

I am really excited to further my abilities and knowledge in libraries, and am looking forward to an informative semester in LIS 5100.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.