Saturday, September 7, 2019

Divided skirt and tunic, repurposed from tablecloth and men’s shirt

My cat Starfire sitting on a green-and-white check-pattern skort. Next to it is a dark green-blue men's shirt, repurposed with a green-check pocket and a length of eyelet lace against diagonal-cut green plaid running down the right front of the shirt

My latest sewing project is a divided skirt repurposed from a tablecloth that I got from The Legacy crafting shop in Sebastopol. Being a cyclist, I like the freedom of wearing a divided skirt. But soon as I laid it out to take a photograph ... how quickly it became a cat bed!

With it is one of Jonathan’s shirts, repurposed as a tunic for me. I marked the shirt along cutting lines from a paneled blouse pattern that I like. Then I cut along the lines and resewed the shirt, matching hem and shoulder seams.

I added a length of lace along the collar, put a new pocket where the men’s shirt pocket used to be, and added a length of eyelet-lace trim along one of the front panel seams. The accent pocket is also from the tablecloth and the trim came from Legacy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.