Sunday, December 23, 2018

Knitted fingerless gloves, in green

Side view: Head and shoulders of a black cat being cuddled by beige hands that are wearing green ribbed-knit fingerless gloves

Fingerless gloves are great for those (many) occasions when I want to keep my hands and wrists warm, but need to preserve full dexterity. For these hand/wrist warmers (“modeled” by my sweet cat Starfire), I made use of a project in Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson (Stewart, Tabori and Chang, 2004). I sized them for myself, but used the basic ribbed-knit of the men's version of Hoverson’s pattern. The yarn is dark green acrylic, worsted weight. The gloves are knitted on size 3 Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Symphonie Wood double-pointed needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.