Tuesday, December 27, 2016
‘The Autistic Gourmand,’ new blog
Eating is easily the most difficult sensory task for this woman on the autism spectrum. Risking unfamiliar tastes and textures, it takes time and considerable fortitude at times for me to get used to new foods.
The experience of eating — already fraught with sensory/tactile challenges — is further burdened by past experiences and prevalent social attitudes.
My new blog, The Autistic Gourmand, explores social “norms” and challenges related to consumption of food. Several writings originally posted here have been migrated or reprinted on the new subject-specific blog.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal