Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Scholastic Book Fair ‘dollars’ provide books for Bellview library
A delivery by Heather Loring of Scholastic Book Fair purchases was a highlight this week in Bellview Elementary School library. The books’ delivery followed a successful conclusion to this year’s spring book fair.
At Ms. Loring’s invitation, teacher-librarian Lauren Hall and I filled a small bin with our selections.
Since the books’ delivery, I’ve been inputing them into our online catalog, as well as physically preparing them for use with barcodes and spine labeling. The books shown in the photograph await dust jacket covers and laminate.
I appreciate the generosity of the Bellview Parent Teacher Association, which hosted the recent book fair, and parents and supporters who purchased books. Book-fair “dollars” will enrich the library as well as Bellview classrooms.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal