With Samantha Cole highlighting the “Hidden Startup Resources at Your Local Library,” it seems timely to express my appreciation for the professional resources available through Jackson County Library Services.
I just completed some freelance editing for American Libraries magazine. The style guide at my elbow came from the Reference section of the Ashland library.
And the magazines I read to keep up with developments in my chosen career are accessed online through the library’s Gale CENGAGE Learning database subscription. Everything in it is at my disposal with a library card.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal