Jackson County Library Services (JCLS) is encouraging adults to read this winter. Reading logs are available at local branch libraries and can be downloaded from the JCLS website.
The program began Monday and continues through Feb. 17. Its purpose is to encourage more reading during winter months.
For every four books documented on a Winter Reads reading log (listening to audio books count too), participants will be entered in a grand-prize drawing for a $50 gift certificate at the restaurant of their choice.
Additional drawings take place each week at JCLS libraries. Winners can choose either a gently-used book or “book bucks” for Friends of the Library book sales.
The grand prize drawing will take place after Feb. 17. For more information, call the Ashland Library Reference Desk at 541-774-6996 or visit www.jcls.org.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal