Digital Library Champion.
The Digital Library Champions contest honored libraries that promote their digital collections in “creative, innovative and effective ways.” In the case of JCLS, that digital collection is Library2Go, administered by the Oregon Digital Library Consortium.
The “Online” category recognized libraries’ use of social networking, email or library websites for driving traffic to their digital collections. JCLS submitted a YouTube video highlighting the Library2Go 2013 Website redesign.
This Library2Go user, who also relies on JCLS’s physical collection, believes the recognition is justly deserved. Our libraries are worth every cent of the investment that communities make and combined resources like Library2Go greatly expand the benefits available through any one consortium member library.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal