Digital Library Champions contest.
Administered by the OverDrive eBook and audio book lending platform, the Digital Library Champions contest honors libraries that promote their digital collections in “creative, innovative and effective ways.”
JCLS is semifinalist in the “Online” category, which recognizes libraries’ use of social networking, email or library websites for driving traffic to their digital collections.
In the case of JCLS, this is Library2Go, an OverDrive collection administered by the Oregon Digital Library Consortium. JCLS submitted a YouTube video highlighting the Library2Go 2013 Website redesign, including one-click checkout.
Final winners will be selected by members of Library Journal editorial staff.
OverDrive will announce the winners during Digipalooza, its international user conference taking place Aug. 1 to 4. Winners will also be recognized Aug. 5 on OverDrive’s Digital Library Blog.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal