Young Adult Library Services Association’s Teens’ Top Ten.
This week YALSA released the 2013 nominations for the Teens’ Top Ten. The 28 books were published between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012.
The nominees were chosen by Teens’ Top Ten book groups. Last year YALSA was accepting applications to participate in the Teens’ Top Ten. The teen book groups are led by an adviser and the teens read and evaluate books submitted by participating publishers.
Readers ages 12 to 18 will vote online in August and September. The winners will be announced during Teen Read Week, Oct. 13 to 19.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal