On the verge of our setting out for Ashland, Oregon, Jonathan and I took time out from packing Friday to attend the grand opening celebration for the Middletown Public Library. It is a fitting culmination of our time spent in Lake County, Calif.
On Thursday night, I installed one final yarn bombing tag at the new Middletown Public Library: “NEW LIBRARY,” originally applied to a chain-link fence at the library construction site, is faded but still legible.
Sunday update: The yarn bombing tag was vandalized; we found it, slashed and lying on the ground. I have had tags removed before but this was the first known act of vandalism against one of my tags.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal