Near-record snowfall isn’t the only thing that arrived with the New Year, 2017. Jackson County Library Services is offering its Winter Reads program for adults, Jan. 3 to Feb. 14, and it all begins when you pick up a Reading Log from your local branch library.
This program aims to encourage more adults to read during the winter months. Each winter, I set a goal to log as many books as I can.
Once you’ve picked up your Reading Log, write down four books as you finish reading them. (Listening to audiobooks also counts.) Once you’ve finished four books and filled out the log, you can turn it in at the library.
For each reading log you complete, you’ll be entered in a drawing for prizes. The grand prize is a $50 certificate to the restaurant of the winner’s choice. For more information, visit the JCLS website, jcls.org; contact your local branch library or call 541-774-6996.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal