A private email list and support group is being formed for librarians and library paraprofessionals on the autism spectrum who face(d) difficulty finding work.
Suzanne Schriar extends her invitation via Targeting Autism:
“If you or someone you know has experienced difficulty finding a job or having a successful job interview due to their autism spectrum disorder and would like to join a private email discussion and support group, I would like to hear from you.
“If you are a librarian with autism, your willingness to mentor incoming librarians or paraprofessional library workers is greatly needed.
“Finally, if you are not on the autism spectrum, but are an advocate for libraries and librarians with autism, your support is also needed.”
Schriar invites correspondence via SSchriar@ilsos.net.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal