Tuesday, July 19, 2016
‘Collaborative’ summer reading programs at libraries
What do these books have in common? For one thing, I selected each of them as a prize for turning in a reading log to Jackson County Library Services in Jackson County, Oregon.
The summer reading program, currently underway, offers activities for all ages, from babies to adults.
What’s especially cool is that throughout the United States, counterpart public libraries offer unified programming thanks to a Collaborative Summer Library Program partnership.
With activities scheduled locally through Aug. 9, there’s still time to “Get in the Game.” Read four books, fill out a reading log and turn it in to your closest branch in the JCLS system.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal