Saturday, April 30, 2016
Rogue Commute Challenge
In the spirit of reducing our carbon footprint, of enhancing personal wellness and honoring the interdependent web of life, I’m asking co-workers if they'd be interested in forming “Rogue Commute Challenge” teams.
Local businesses form teams and from May 9 to 15, participants log their walking, biking, carpooling, teleworking and transit trips into the “DriveLessConnect” database.
The Ashland School District is forming a team, led by its Wellness Committee. I am currently promoting formation of a team at the church where I work part-time.
To a photo of our bicycles secured to a bicycle rack at the church, I added informational text. It states that for every mile not driven, 0.98 fewer pounds of CO2 emissions are released into our environment. (Those figures are according to the Washington State Department of Transportation.)
To follow my “Rogue Commute Challenge” activities, along with bike and bus travel in general, I recommend reading my Librarian on a Bicycle blog about auto alternatives.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal