Winning titles were recently announced in two readers’ choice awards that I promoted in Bellview library.
From the Oregon Library Association came word that Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein was the 2016 winner, upper-elementary division, of the Oregon Reader’s Choice Award. And the Oregon Association of School Libraries announced that Charlie Bumpers vs. The Teacher of the Year by Bill Harley was top vote-getter for the Beverly Cleary Children’s Choice Award.
The school community may be interested to know that these awards’ winning titles were favorites among Bellview students too.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal