Had a productive day: worked my shift in Bellview Elementary School library then rode my bike to Body Support Systems, Inc., where I put in 2.5 hours of work doing industrial sewing.
Body Support Systems produces orthopedic positioning products for use during therapeutic treatments like massage.
I’m grateful that my mother “turned me loose” to use her sewing machine at an early age, and feel fortunate to have taken a sewing class at my high school.
Between assembling “newsboy” crowns and bills for Hat People and production sewing for Body Support Systems – learning to sew equipped me with an ability that helps to support my family.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal