Monday, June 16, 2014
Summer reading: display at Medford library
Check out the children’s summer reading display that I recently assembled at Jackson County Library Services’ Medford library.
Children’s librarian Patt Colwell cut out letterforms, selected books and provided a variety of scientific instruments. Using the materials she provided, here’s what I came up with to fill a glass-case display.
“Fizz Boom Read” is the theme for for this year’s children’s summer reading program. The teens’ summer reading theme is “Spark a Reaction.”
JCLS has posted more information about children’s and teens’ summer programs at www.jcls.org/summer.html, with information “coming soon” about an adult summer reading program.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal