Courtesy of Denise Wilson at the Ashland public library, I have summer reading program bookmarks to display at the Bellview Elementary School library. The public library’s summer reading program will begin when school lets out.
Oregon is part of the Collaborative Summer Library Program, a “consortium of states working together to provide high-quality summer reading program materials for children, teens, and adults at the lowest cost possible for their public libraries.” All public libraries in member states, including Jackson County Library Services, are included in CSLP membership.
The Collaborative Summer Library Program has selected the theme “Fizz Boom Read” for this year’s early-literacy and children’s summer programs. Find out more about JCLS’s summer programs at www.jcls.org/summer.html.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal