Friday, June 15, 2018

SRCS summer school: tracking students’ use of books

Made use of my experience as an IMT/Library Tech this week, on behalf of Santa Rosa City Schools’ “summer school.” I logged students’ checking out English-lit books as well as the books’ movement between classrooms.

I also researched other books’ availability for the students’ online coursework — checking number of copies available for check-out through the public library, as well as verifying if they were in stock through local and/or online retailers.

My work-days this week each began and ended with a bicycle ride. It takes me a 15- or 20-minute ride to reach Montgomery High School from our apartment.

Overwhelmingly, I am grateful for the chance to work during these summer weeks. Having my school library shut-down for the summer always left me feeling adrift in Ashland, Oregon. Put simply, I like to feel of-use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.