Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Bringing ‘librarian-mindset’ to my work at SRCSA

Someone asked me, “What is the last thing you are really proud of accomplishing?” Most recently I’m proud to bring a “librarian-mindset” to the role of Instructional Materials Technician (IMT) at Santa Rosa Charter School for the Arts.

I utilize an automated catalog to barcode and inventory textbooks: not only for new arrivals, but for items already in use in SRCSA classrooms.

Follett Resource Manager ties inventory records across Santa Rosa City Schools. My IMT-counterparts create records for resources at their sites, and as I create records, documentation at my site becomes “on-par” with that at other schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.