Saturday, September 30, 2017

I’m a ‘Curriculum Librarian’

I’ve referred to myself as a “Textbook Librarian” to describe the similarities between my current work as Instructional Materials Technician, and my past job as Library Assistant — but the term, I’ve decided, doesn’t convey everything I do.

In taking stock and tracking educational materials for Santa Rosa Charter School for the Arts, I’m moving beyond books and am documenting equipment that is used on-site: microscopes, headphones, Chromebooks, mice, etc.

Upcoming plans for cataloging include musical instruments and P.E. equipment, with commonalities being, these materials are part of the curriculum here at SRCSA; they are used for teaching or during tests. So with that in mind, I feel that “Curriculum Librarian” more fully describes the scope of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.