Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Sonoma County Library: Applied to volunteer

Source of image: Rincon Valley Library on Facebook
Stopped by Rincon Valley Library this week, and applied to be a volunteer. (I appreciate Branch Manager Jennifer Duran talking with me about volunteer-staffing at the library.)

Before moving to Ashland, I volunteered for the cooperative system among Sonoma, Lake and Mendocino County libraries. My efforts were coordinated through the Lake County Library, but the “hold” I pulled might be destined for a patron at a Sonoma County Library branch.

I also volunteered in an “unofficial” capacity via social media.

Through my work as a journalist, I fielded press releases from Lake County Library and local “Friends” groups. I posted these to the newspaper, of course, but I also donated posts via my personal accounts and blog to amplify publicity for local and regional libraries.

In Ashland, Oregon, I was blessed to work professionally in an elementary-school library. I used my personal accounts to help amplify publicity for Jackson County Library Services. The library system acknowledged me for helping generate “buzz” about Jackson County libraries.

I contributed photos for a publicity campaign requested by Libraries for All - Jackson County and engaged in independent promotions to help create a library district.

Now that we’ve returned to the Santa Rosa area, I want to revive my involvement with Sonoma County Library. I’m hoping to find an opening somewhere near me that compliments my availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.