Saturday, September 24, 2016

Dewey classifications govern books and blog


As of two years today ... my family’s home library has been classified and arranged according to the Dewey Decimal System, with each book assigned a number based upon the book’s subject (or by genre and era in the case of the 800s, literature).

Shown here, books from my library science courses, arranged in order numerically.

Since then, of course, I’ve extended this classification to subject-tagging on my blog. It seemed thematically appropriate, with my emphasis on librarianship, and was a natural progression from organizing books in numerical order by subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.