- The Library Committee is one of the supporting committees desirable to fulfill various functions of the Fellowship (Bylaws 14.1B). The chair is elected by the members of the committee for a period of three years, subject to confirmation by the Board (Bylaws 14.6).
- To maintain the Fellowship library.
- Buy, shelve and re-shelve books that explain and support the seven principles of the UUA, broadly including the fourth principle, which is to promote “a free and responsible search for truth and meaning.”
- Encourage RVUUFians to visit the library and to take advantage of the variety of books offered.
- Conduct book sales, using donated books, to support the purchase of new books and equipment.
- This need not be a large committee. Indeed, the RVUUF library at times has been ably maintained by a single individual.
Transcribed by Cynthia M. Parkhill on March 21, 2016
from a digitally-scanned image of an undated earlier document