Oregon Battle of the Books (third- to fifth-grade division) begins with Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library.
Luigi Lemoncello, who made his fortune designing games, has given the town of Alexandriaville, Ohio a new library. Twelve students have been challenged to be first to “escape” during a lock-in at the library before its official opening.
Author Chris Grabenstein presents an array of clues for readers to solve with the characters. The library’s resources — beyond their intrinsic value — advance the students in their quest.
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library combines a first-rate, entertaining read with a healthy course of information literacy.I highly recommend it.
Special appreciation to Bellview PTO, which purchased OBOB titles for Bellview Elementary School library
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal