Saturday, September 26, 2015
Appliqued bicycle jerseys
Applique designs give exciting new appeal to second-hand bicycle jerseys. On the mint-green V-neck, the peace medallion was made of T-shirt knit fabric layered onto brocade.
The medallion originally adorned another garment that was ultimately retired. Since then, I saved it for the “right” occasion, another garment worthy of it.
The orange scoop-neck sports a bit of embroidery salvaged from a worn-out blouse. The “picture-frame” uses patterned-knit fabric from Dervish Clothing’s free fabric-scraps box at its Lithia Artisans Market booth.
For my photograph’s final touch: our beautiful cat Miss Starfire decided that an arrangement of bike helmet and appliqued jerseys was the perfect place to settle for a nap.
Also posted to Librarian on a Bicycle
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal