Saturday, August 29, 2015
New books for new year in Bellview library
I was back in Bellview Elementary School library this week, getting ready for a new school year — where I found awaiting me, an order of Scholastic books thanks to spring book fair proceeds.
It’s such a great feeling to open a box of books. Added to the excitement were mailers that had arrived with Junior Library Guild selections.
I input catalog records, applied barcodes and spine labels upon the new arrivals. The books joined others that had arrived right before school ended for the year.
In coming days, I will apply protective coverings for the books’ dust jackets.
I’ll say it again: I appreciate the support of Bellview PTO, which puts on the spring book fair. Plus, watch for the arrival of this year’s titles in Oregon Battle of the Books. Bellview PTO purchased those too.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal