Saturday, August 29, 2015

New books for new year in Bellview library

Stack of children's hardcover picture books and chapter-book fiction with white library tags on their spines. The stack is on a counter in front of rolls of dust-jacket protective covering.

I was back in Bellview Elementary School library this week, getting ready for a new school year — where I found awaiting me, an order of Scholastic​ books thanks to spring book fair proceeds.

It’s such a great feeling to open a box of books. Added to the excitement were mailers that had arrived with Junior Library Guild​ selections.

I input catalog records, applied barcodes and spine labels upon the new arrivals. The books joined others that had arrived right before school ended for the year.

In coming days, I will apply protective coverings for the books’ dust jackets.

I’ll say it again: I appreciate the support of Bellview PTO, which puts on the spring book fair. Plus, watch for the arrival of this year’s titles in Oregon Battle of the Books. Bellview PTO purchased those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.