Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Religious Explorations student art exhibit
Religious Explorations lead teacher Liz Bianco and I hung student artwork Saturday in the Great Hall at Rogue Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship.
Shown above is a grouping of art around a service project for animals.
We assembled the exhibit in time for a Sunday service that introduced RVUUF’s professional staff — including the teachers and myself as Religious Explorations administrative coordinator.
While not shown above, I also contributed a piece to the exhibit: a “Harry Potter” cartoon in which the school’s “Sorting Hat” decrees that the inhabitants at Hogwarts are members of a single “House.”
The message echoes an original homily, Lesson of the Sorting Hat.
The exhibit includes artistic expressions of the UU Seven Principles, the Divine Feminine and more. The artwork will remain on display for at least three weeks.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal