I may have changed my designation in American Library Association membership from “Student” to “Library Support Staff.” But I retain the same interest in shaping ALA policy by voting in annual elections.
Among highlights in the June American Libraries, official ALA magazine, is news that Julie Todaro was elected president for the 2016-2017 term. Todaro, dean of library services at Austin Community College in Austin, Texas, ran against four other candidates this spring: Joseph Janes, James LaRue and JP Porcaro.
Sari Feldman, executive director of the Cuyahoga County Public Library in Parma, Ohio, will begin her term as president for 2015-2016 this month. Her column will debut in the July/August American Libraries.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal