I’m embarking on a new chapter in my American Library Association (ALA) membership. Each year, starting in May 2011, I purchased an ALA membership. This ongoing affiliation is as much a gift to myself as it is a professional investment.
For the first four years, I purchased a student membership in the ALA. At the time, I attended online courses toward an Associate’s degree in Library and Information Technology.
This year, when renewing my membership in the ALA, I chose to purchase my membership at the Library Support Staff level, instead of claiming another year of student membership. I felt it was the right thing to do since I’ve completed my formal schooling.
As I await my new membership card, I’m proud of the long-standing investment I’ve made in this association. I appreciate the ALA’s customer service “super-stars” for making sure my record reflects five year of continuous membership.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal