A woman named C.L. Murphy came by Bellview Elementary School library yesterday. She brought with her a book tied with a ribbon, Sam & Dave Dig a Hole by Mac Barnett. She is giving it to Bellview library for “International Book Giving Day,” which is Feb. 14.
Murphy also submitted a video to a read-aloud contest of B.J. Novak’s The Book With No Pictures.
If her video gets the winning votes, she will win a visit by Novak, plus $5,000 for young readers in Ashland schools. So please consider voting for the video that benefits our young readers. You have until Feb. 28 to vote.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal