Sunday, February 1, 2015
Crocheted cat ears hat with fabric liner and ties
I spent “Caturday” adding a fabric liner and ties to my fabulous cat ears hat, originally crocheted from Kelley Freeman’s pattern on RamenNeedles.com.
And as there often is with my favorite projects, there’s a story attached.
At the booth of Jasmine Patten at the Lithia Artisans Market in Ashland, Oregon, wristers and dress-length cardigans are assembled from sweater and T-shirt remnants.
And Patten puts out a box of fabric scraps: leftovers from her Dervish Clothing line. I love going through Patten’s box of leftovers for the variety in colors and patterns.
It was with fabric from Dervish Clothing that I lined my cat ears hat. I chose a ribbed knit in pale- and dark-green stripes that used to be part of a shirt.
Original photos depict me with our beautiful cat Starfire, who has shared our home since July 2011. I really look like Starfire’s kitty-mommy when I wear this hat.
Cross-posted to Ravelry
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal