Monday, December 29, 2014
Knitting socks with Dreamz Symphonie Wood
Until this Christmas, my sock-knitting pursuits involved “Boye” Size 3 double-pointed knitting needles that I found packaged in a tube with an original printed price of 45 cents. This morning I worked the socks onto my Christmas gift from Jonathan, Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Symphonie Wood needles.
Constructed from densified laminated birch wood in a variety of beautiful colors, the Dreamz Symphonie Wood sock-knitting needle set includes U.S. sizes 0, 1, 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2 and 3 (corresponding to metric sizes 2.0, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3.0 and 3.25).
Beautiful to look at, the Symphonie Wood needles are also a pleasure to handle.
In 2015, I look forward to continuing my exploration of hand-knitted socks. And while I enjoyed hat-knitting explorations via a knitting loom, I look forward to beginning an exploration into needle-knit hats.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal