Sunday, October 26, 2014
Yarn Bombing: ‘Support Libraries’ at library in Israel
“Support Libraries.” My first international yarn-bombing tag was installed by an emissary at a community library in Israel. The image has also been added to the timeline at Yarn Bombing @ Your Library.
(Through installing my own knit and crocheted “tags” and curating pictures of other crafters’ work, I draw attention to libraries. All of the tags showcased at Yarn Bombing @ Your Library were either installed at libraries, or libraries played an integral role in the tags being created).
My friend Anat Kolumbus provided the English-to-Hebrew translation and assistance with the letterforms, which I incorporated in freehand crochet. I allowed myself the luxury of a seven-stitch letter height instead of the usual five.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal