Sunday, October 26, 2014

Yarn Bombing: ‘Support Libraries’ at library in Israel

Crocheted yarnbombing tag, "Support Libraries" in Hebrew, attached around a branch secured horizontally to forking branches in a tree. The tree is next to the wall of a building and a slatted wooden sign with Hebrew letters is propped against the wall.

“Support Libraries.” My first international yarn-bombing tag was installed by an emissary at a community library in Israel. The image has also been added to the timeline at Yarn Bombing @ Your Library.

(Through installing my own knit and crocheted “tags” and curating pictures of other crafters’ work, I draw attention to libraries. All of the tags showcased at Yarn Bombing @ Your Library were either installed at libraries, or libraries played an integral role in the tags being created).

My friend Anat Kolumbus provided the English-to-Hebrew translation and assistance with the letterforms, which I incorporated in freehand crochet. I allowed myself the luxury of a seven-stitch letter height instead of the usual five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.