Saturday, September 13, 2014

Table-top ironing board balanced on bike rack

My latest delivery of sewn bills and crowns for Hat People in southern Oregon was a trip that saw me taking a table-top ironing board home.

I used bungee cords to secure the board on the top of my bicycle rack and carefully pedaled, avoiding potential bumps that might jostle the load. During my trip, I felt profoundly grateful for Ashland’s investment in bicycle infrastructure, for its well-maintained bicycle lanes and bike-friendly residential streets.

And it’s empowering to overcome transportation challenges that auto-reliant households don’t face. Routine rides take on potential for adventure.

Also posted to Librarian on a Bicycle, my auto-travel alternatives blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.