Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My family’s books, organized by Dewey system


Like living in a library: My project this week was to label and then shelve my family’s books in order according to the Dewey Decimal system of classification, with each book assigned a number based upon the book’s subject. Shown here, the books for my library studies are arranged in order numerically.

I consulted Cataloging-in-Publication data whenever it was available and used OCLC Classify to identify most-common classifications for many other books in our collection. Finally, when either of these sources were not available, I looked for the book’s classification in an individual library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.