Sunday, August 17, 2014
Black Cat Appreciation Day for Starfire
Aug. 17 marks the annual arrival of Black Cat Appreciation Day. And truly, my sweet Starfire is deserving of celebration on this and every day.
Since her arrival in our home in July 2011, Starfire has been a daily source of vibrancy, joy and love. While she arrived half-starved and badly in need of care, we needed her just as much.
Starfire loves to immerse herself in all of my crafting projects: pummeling my yarn or batting at the template for an applique.
A year ago, I made Starfire her very own ribbon toy, four dangling strands in varying lengths from a macrame handle. She loves to tangle herself within its strands and she plays an agressive tug-of-war.
Every night, Starfire sleeps close to me, a comforting presence on the bed.
If you already share your heart and home with a black cat, then you already know how wonderful, how essential, how enriching, a precious black cat can be.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal