Wednesday, April 23, 2014
‘Poem in Your Pocket Day’
Last order of business before leaving work today in Bellview Elementary School library, was the posting of this sign in preparation for “Poem in Your Pocket Day” on Thursday.
The “pocket” contains humorous poems by Children’s Poet Laureate Kenn Nesbitt, as well as a few additional selections.
Observed during National Poetry Month, Poem in Your Pocket Day encourages people to carry a poem with them and share it. Here’s hoping for smiles and laughs through sharing Nesbitt’s poems.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal