Thursday, February 6, 2014
Oregon Reader’s Choice Awards: poster display
A poster and set of books promote the Oregon Reader’s Choice Award in the Bellview Elementary School library. I got the idea during a visit to one of the schools in Medford School District 549C.
I created the poster in Microsoft Word and exported it to PDF.
My Cuesta College internship in Library and Information Technology is through the MSD’s Instructional Media Center. Ruch Elementary School in southern Oregon’s Applegate Valley had an Oregon Reader’s Choice Award display.
Happily, Bellview teacher-librarian Lauren Hall had already ordered several nominees for the Oregon Reader’s Choice Award. She’d also ordered titles nominated for the Beverly Cleary Children’s Choice Award.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal