Parent volunteer Nicole Gutrich posts updates on Facebook each day concerning Bellview school team standings in Oregon Battle of the Books.
At last update, six teams had advanced to the semi-finals: Battle Girls, Blue Dolphins, Extreme Readers, Hashtag 23, The Overlanders and Umbrella Snails.
Those Bellview teams who have been eliminated in Oregon Battle of the Books can get started reading nominees for Oregon Reader’s Choice and Beverly Cleary Children’s Choice awards. Several “Battle” books are award nominees and students must read or listen to at least two books to cast a vote for that award.
Look for the ORCA and Beverly Cleary displays in the Bellview library. My ORCA and Beverly Cleary award posters can be viewed in color on Slideshare.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal